We are expert in the application of theory-based approaches to evaluation and have a track record of effectively managing complex policy and programme evaluations incorporating multiple strands of qualitative and quantitative research and multiple project partners.
Our aim is to support a culture of evidence-based decision-making across our client base.
Our evaluation services can help you by:
- Engaging closely with you and your team to define your evaluation needs
- Identifying emerging learning from a wide range of evidence
- Presenting findings so that they are useful for your future decision-making
- Providing an independent assessment of your policy or programme impacts
CAG is a member of the UK Evaluation Society and our team includes qualified social researchers that are members of the Social Research Association.
We provide evaluation services for many different organisations, including government departments, regional government, local authorities, private sector organisations, charities and other bodies. We undertake evaluations across many different sectors including: energy, climate change, regeneration, economic development, the natural environment, land use planning, flood risk management, community cohesion, sustainability, transport, waste , recycling and behaviour change.
Our evaluation expertise includes:
- Theory-based evaluation design and delivery
- Process evaluations
- Impact and economic evaluations
- Realist evaluation
- Social research expertise
- Independent peer review of external evaluations
- Ad hoc evaluation support, training and advice
- Employing innovative evaluation approaches and techniques, such as participatory analysis and process tracing with Bayesian updating
Please see our case study on Project and Policy Evaluation: