Are you interested in joining our highly regarded team working on high profile, impactful, projects spanning the sustainable development/Net Zero/climate change agenda?
CAG Consultants is an independent, interdisciplinary, sustainability consultancy that has been delivering advice and support to public, private and third sector customers since 1983. We offer our services to a wide range of clients in the UK from government departments and non-departmental bodies, to leading third and private sector organisations.
We are always looking for new Partners to join our partnership (we are constituted as a Limited Liability Partnership, LLP). Partners have the opportunity to work flexible hours and from the location of their choice. Partner income is dependent upon our ability to generate fees, but over the last 3 years those working full-time have earnt circa £60-80k p.a. (income varies depending upon the nature of the work and the clients).
A small independent consultancy, CAG Consultants is a little bit different from most. We offer:
- freedom to pursue and develop your professional interests. Working on projects that you want to work on, from local to national in scale.
- access to tender opportunities via frameworks, paid for procurement portals, collaborators (as a sub-contractor) and out extensive client list.
- access to an established group of professional collaborators (both large and small) – something that allows us to deliver a wider range of projects than we could not undertake alone. For example, complex, multi-year evaluation projects for the UK government.
- scope to develop new skills and expertise by participating in projects led by other Partners.
- the flexibility of self-employment, coupled with the benefits of being part of a highly experienced and collaborative team.
- flexible working – allowing work to be structured around other commitments and for you to choose where you work from.
- an established set of policies and external support in relation to issues such as GDPR, health and safety, cyber-security and other policies essential for working with larger clients.
- equal involvement in company management and decision making – we are structured as a co-operative.
- initial earnings floor support for new joiners (to ensure basic earnings of at least £40k pa gross for full-time partners).
We are looking for new Partners with senior-level expertise in one or more of:
- economic and social research
- public policy analysis
- stakeholder/community engagement
- evaluation (policy and programme)
in the fields of energy, carbon, climate change, air quality, natural environment, green economic development, or related areas.
You will need to demonstrate a high level of ability and a successful track record of working at a senior level on relevant issues. You will need to be highly self-motivated, able to operate independently and as part of a team, an excellent communicator and have the ability to win, lead and manage complex consultancy projects.
We put sustainability and equality of opportunity at the core of our work and encourage applications from people of all backgrounds.
If you would like more information, or to discuss this, please contact Rhona Pringle on 07846 923505 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Watch our short slidepack about what current Partners like about working for CAG: